Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Boardwalk and Gowing pains

So, activity number one, was eating... I needed a cuban food fix, so I had a palomita, with rice and black beans, and maduros. Yum, my travel companion... ever the true Texan got chicken fajitas. As if Cubans really know a thing about fajitas... so of course, no tortillas. She was not unhappy with her meal. Chicken strips in a lovey tangy sofrito. It looked very good. My meal was all things cuban... yummy and simple. Althoug the maduros were not ripe enough. Lots of local working folkes stoping in, 100% spanish speaking. And a braless transvestite for good measure! It would have been rude to take a pic. But 5:00 shadow and breasts have always disconcerted me. Although I wish my body was a pretty as hers. Then for a stroll on the boardwalk. The plan was to walk down to the Lincoln street mall and meet my Dad. but I headed off in the wrong direction and my travel companion wore out and had to go and rest. So off I went for overpriced drinks with Dad on the beach. It was a lovely walk. The beach is really one of my favorite places on the planet. Although Miami beach is undercontruction. So don't look inland or you will see scenes like this:
































Instead of this:



No comments: