Thursday, March 15, 2007

Story Numero Uno

So day one in Miami: We arrive and I of course! am rearing to go the beach. Not all parties (read my travel companion) were excited about this prospect. So we go to the hotel... check in and it is a little down on the heels but really quite cute. I recommend it for affordable accomodations in Miami Beach. Not in the heart of things, but all in all nice. It is not AS nice as the website makes it seem. But I enjoyed my stay there. The rooms are small, because this hotel although updated is still basically the way it was in the heyday of art deco... complete with GORGEOUS wooden ceiling in the lobby, antiquated elevator, bathroom in the hall, tiny bathrooms, tiny closests and old-timey flavor. We had the suite, so we had much more space than average, Two bathrooms (so tha smallness we not a factor) and two closests. No hangers in mine however. The restaurant, was surprisingly good, although all I had was appetizers and a drink. It was a loverly interlude by the pool. I highly recommend the grilled pita with three spreads. The tapendade was good, the goat cheese was better and the red pepper hummus (I think it was hummus) was stellar! The Visit them at: http://www.indiancreekhotel.com/index.html.





No comments: